So like many other schools, Saige is to take a emergency kit to keep at school, "just in case". Great, I am more than happy to send one, greatfull really because it is such and awsome idea. BUT the list of WHAT to send (blanket, treat, band-aid, water, etc..) included a letter, they want the parents to write a letter to their child. The letter is to comfort your child through a hard and scary time (if that ever happens), I think it is great because something like that could help pass time and really bring comfort, and hope. However, I find myself REALLY struggling to write a letter, maybe I am taking it too serious, but to me it is a BIG deal. If my little girl had to read the letter it would be a scary time and that BREAKS my heart, to think of her alone at school, scared and not knowing what was to happen next, what would you say. She is a brave girl, it's her MOM that is a wimp. Probably she will never read the "letter" but I do want it meaningful, wonderful, fun, loving and comforting for any possibility. So here I go to write to my little one, YIKES this could take a while to find just the right things to say.
HOPE everyone has a great day I am taking care of a sick kid AGAIN!!! OH, and writing a LETTER, wish me luck.



4 comments:
that is cool but i dont think you have to much to worry about saige being left alone at school in a time of trouble. i know the cheese pretty good i know he would be there in a split second unless it is a flood love reading your stuff scottie
I had to do the same - and my letters were basically just "See you soon, everything's okay, love ya." because I felt like if it was too mooshy, they would be worried that something bad had really happened.
Kenzie - I would be the same way i dont blame you one bit for thinking that way! I hope you dont read into it too much because i think i would. Have a great day!! love ya
Hey, yes they are aussies but they are toys so they will only be 10-13 inches tall when full grown and yes they are for sale. Let me know if your neighbor is interested they get a lot cuter in about 2 more weeks
Post a Comment